Thursday, November 18, 2010

Dino De Laurentiis August 8th 1919 - November 10th 2010


Dino De Laurentiis August 8th 1919 - November 10th 2010
At 91 years old, producer Dino De Laurentiis has passed on. I'll always remember when I was a wee lad and I first saw his name during the opening credits of CONAN THE BARBARIAN and thinking it was a foreign film. I would see his name quite a bit more during his career.

I didn't know the man and outside of his films I know very little about him, yet, I feel the desire to mourn his passing. He was an artist and through their work is how an artist is known, and through their work an artist lives on, never dying in the minds of the audience.

Mr. De Laurentiis has an audience, one that knows his name and one that only knows his work, but an audience that will keep him alive forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment